Sunday, February 11, 2007

Red Hot Chilli Peppers

Hi all - 'fraid I haven't been doing much interesting cooking over much of the last week due to a combination of a cold, and the rubbish weather. Hence I've mostly been eating shop-bought tortellini, with tons of chilli & garlic added, to keep my respiratory system stimulated. Don't know if that actually helped, but it felt like it did.

I bought a bag full of fresh veg from my local farm shop at the start of last week, being mindful that I'm trying to cook in season. So I'd got potatoes, cabbage, cauliflower, leeks, onions & carrots.
I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do with them, and I didn't want to just do a mixed veg soup. So, I ended up just having cabbage on its own, as a meal, then leeks on their own, and then using some of the other veg in a curry. And today, I used the rest of the leftover veg with a new supply to make...soup. Crazy stuff, eh? I'll post the recipes tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that you're not well. Hot toddies all round then m'boy. Even if it doesn't cure you, you'll be too pissed to care anymore.

Mart said...

Good call, we've clearly had the same medical training!