Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Sopa De Repollo

A day later than planned, but here's a recipe for Chilean cabbage soup. Have no fear, I'm not on a fad diet, I just wanted to use up a glut of cabbage. It's pretty good, but ultimately it's just cabbage soup. Even as a fan of vegetables, it didn't really float my boat. It was nice and light, but I much prefer an even simpler way of eating cabbage (predictably, the Delia Smith way).

Shred the cabbage finely, put in a pan, add salt, add boiling water, cook for 3-5 mins, drain, stir in a little melted butter, and season with salt and freshly-ground black pepper.

As this post has a hint of Chile, I just wanted to say that I've never had a bad bottle of Chilean wine, especially the pinot grape varietity. If you fancy a change from the usual, mass-marketed Australians & Californians, check them out.

No comments: