Sunday, December 03, 2006

Pasta With Chickpeas In Tomato Sauce

Saturday means it's quite common for me to cook when I'm half-cut, so it tends to be straightforward (yet tasty, hopefully!). I'd been drinking with my regular food-taster Rob all afternoon, and this turned out a treat.

Ingredients: Penne pasta, tinned tomatoes, 2 cloves chopped garlic, 2 dried & crushed chillis, grated Cheddar, tinned chickpeas, freshly milled black pepper, and 3 sprigs chopped rosemary.

I've written previously that tinned pulses are inferior to the real deal, but I've used a tin of chickpeas here, because (a) they were skulking around in my pantry, and (b) I hadn't planned ahead.

Method: Note that imbibing half a gallon of Stella Artois beforehand is optional.
Boil the pasta, and very gently heat the garlic & chilli flakes in a small amount of oil. When infused (after a few minutes) add the drained chickpeas and the tomatoes.
While cooking the sauce, add the rosemary (but not the stalks) and season with black pepper.
Finally, stir in the grated Cheddar, mix in the cooked & drained pasta, and serve in warm bowls.

Well, Rob approved, but to be fair he was probably in need of any sustenance by the time I started cooking- I know I was.

No comments: