Wednesday, November 08, 2006

A Brief History Of My Tastebuds - Part 2

At university and beyond, I lapsed into just cooking pretty much the same meal everyday for about five years. And that was penne pasta, with a tin of chopped plum tomatoes, a tin of red kidney beans, and a rather dismal effort at adding flavour. That meant either using a cube of Vegetable Oxo (oh dear, not great- lots of chemicals and a synthetic taste) or else adding pre-ground curry powder - I don't think I was about to give Madhur Jaffrey a run for her money.
Thankfully I bought some cookery books and started to learn basic techniques about different cooking styles and how to mix & match ingredients and styles. I've been doing that for about six years now, and I'm still learning foodie stuff everyday. Here you'll find recipies I'm trying out every so often, along with other nosh-related opinions.

No comments: